Building & Construction
Building and construction businesses face ever-increasing requirements for documentation and compliance. Streamlining and digitalising these workflows can deliver significant cost savings and improve compliance. Upstream provides workflow solutions that help building and construction businesses stay ahead of the curve.
Challenges of Managing Paperwork & Processes
The building and construction industry is paperwork-intensive. Capturing and indexing the daily paperwork can be complex and time consuming, as well as error-prone. Handwritten documents can be lost, site managers have to visit the office to submit paperwork, and information could be entered incorrectly by accident.
Uploading relevant documents into existing business management tools can also be difficult. Whether it’s purchase orders, work orders, safety checklists, certificates, and even photographs, staying on top of the paperwork can be difficult. Managing, accessing, scanning and saving these documents manually requires hours of work each day from multiple staff members who could add more value doing something else.
Furthermore, the associated risks, lack of efficiency and time delay in accessing information can prove to be critical to a business.
Streamline & Automate Workflow
Upstream offers customised solutions for building and construction firms that streamline and automate these workflows, freeing up staff to contribute in other ways and reducing related risks.
Upstream has helped numerous construction companies around Australia digitise and streamline workflows, creating mobility and saving time and money. Contact us today to find out how we can help you.
Get in touch with us
Want to find out how working with Upstream can benefit your business? Complete the form and we’ll get in touch to discuss.
How Upstream helps building and construction firms operate more efficiently
Managing a building project is a huge task, whether it’s a residential, commercial, or industrial project. With every step of the process accompanied by a flurry of documents, it’s important to have a reliable, systematic approach to managing these documents.
Upstream’s building and construction solution offers:
- electronic forms and mobility capabilities
- instant digital information capture
- invoice processing & accounts payable automation
- automated process and approval workflow triggers
- compliance and audit safeproofs and checks
- credentials and licensing validation
- document version control and audit trails
- digital storage, access, and retrieval from anywhere.
Here’s what that means for your building and construction firm:
- all compliance and operational information is available in one place for anytime access
- jobs are digitalised for immediate visibility and flexibility
- staff receive automatic job notification alerts and job sheets are created at the touch of a button
- jobsheets, timesheets, plans, invoices, dockets, and other work information are stored and easily retrievable
- you can manage inductions and certifications more accurately, plus get alerts when certifications or licenses are about to expire so you can proactively renew them
- you can see which staff are certified and competent in which areas so you always roster the right staff members for the right jobs
- asset management is made simple
- mobile access lets site managers submit reports from on site
- manual processes are replaced with more efficient automated workflows
- safety and compliance regulations are met easily and assuredly.
Just some of the solutions we offer
eForms & Mobility Solutions
• Electronic forms
Accounts Payable Automation
• Automated Invoice Processing
Compliance & Certification
• Risk mitigation & audits
Approve invoices easily from anywhere
Always behind on invoice processing because you’re waiting on approvals? Make that a thing of the past with digital invoice approval from anywhere, anytime.
Using a mobile device, managers can easily approve invoices for payment within seconds of receiving notification. If your business requires PO validation to process an invoice, automated matching means that if the totals align there’s no need for re-approval.
Only invoices identified with exceptions, such as amounts or other discrepancies, will be flagged for attention. Free up your staff to focus on more important tasks, saving hundreds of hours in tedious, time consuming processes.
Get in touch for a demonstration on how your AP department can run smoother.
Capture & automatically match onsite dockets & invoices
Tired of the hassle of managing, matching, keeping track of, cost coding and returning physical job site dockets to head office? Our scanning solution digitises your dockets and streamlines the entire process.
Automatically match dockets to invoices reducing hours and hours of manual work, and easily GL code relevant invoices from a dropdown list.
Remove errors and save thousands of man hours with digitisation.
Digitally manage onsite compliance forms & data
Use prefilled digital eforms to remove manual, repetitive data entry for mandatory compliance forms such as daily or weekly job sheets, tool safety or plant equipment checklists.
By selecting the project, all relevant site information is pre-populated leaving only the necessary fields to complete.
Once submitted, the information is automatically saved and shared digitally with the people who need to see it.
By going digital with Upstream, eforms can help you stay on top of countless mandatory compliance requirements.
Watch how Compliance & Job Allocation processes are streamlined with automation